On Friday, as data from China and the U.S. showed the global economy slowing sharply, the head of the World Bank warned that the summer of 2012 is looking like an “eerie” echo of 2008, when a collapse of the U.S. mortgage market led to the collapse of Lehman Brothers.
Who will save the world economy this time ?
- Emerging economies advance | Lloyds Bank (lloydsbankwholesale.com)
- World Bank Downgrades China Growth – 24/7 Wall St. (mbcalyn.com)
- WORLD BANK BOSS: We’re Headed For “Impending Catastrophe” — “A Rerun Of Great Panic Of 2008” (businessinsider.com)
- Rejoice, then face up to these testing times (dailymail.co.uk)
- China’s Manufacturing Slowdown to Hit African Suppliers (voanews.com)
- WORLD BANK BOSS: We’re Headed For “Impending Catastrophe” – “A Rerun Of Great Panic Of 2008″ (sgtreport.com)
- Simon English: This is alarming, but not nearly as scary as 2008 (independent.co.uk)
- We Told You So (truthdig.com)