Now the company has taken the unprecedented move of providing online security warnings for users who might be the target of state-sponsored spying.
In a blog post published Tuesday, the company said that for a “subset” of users who the company believes may be the target of state-sponsored attacks, they would be providing a message, in black type on a pink background, that will appear at the top of the user’s account page.
I want to believe.
Google is being prodded every second by the major spy agencies including the CIA, NSA, FBI etc..
- Security warnings for suspected state-sponsored attacks (googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com)
- Google starts warning users of state-sponsored computer attacks (arstechnica.com)
- Google Now Warns You If It Suspects You’re The Target Of A “State-Sponsored Attack” (techcrunch.com)
- Google Now Tells You If Your Account Is Under Attack (thetechnologycafe.com)
- Google creates warning for Gmail users hit by ‘state-sponsored’ attacks (digitaltrends.com)