Walgreen agreed to buy a 45% stake in the pharmacy-led health and beauty group Alliance Boots in a $6.7 billion cash-and-stock deal as it looks to diversify in a changing global health market.
- Walgreens takes 45% stake in Boots (newstalk.ie)
- Walgreen to spend $6.7B on Alliance Boots stake (newsok.com)
- Walgreen-Alliance Boots: KKR Makes Back its Money (blogs.wsj.com)
- Walgreens Going Global (247wallst.com)
- Walgreen to buy 45% of Alliance Boots for $6.7-billion (business.financialpost.com)