Fifa president Sepp Blatter has renewed his call for the introduction of goal-line technology after acontroversial incident in England’s 1-0 win over Ukraine helped eliminate the co-hosts.
I agree with this concept and have advocated it for a long time. The stakes in these games are getting higher and higher all the time. There should be concrete steps taken to ensure that justice and fairness is upheld in these games. I hope they don’t introduce tons of rules, we don’t want this BEAUTIFUL and SIMPLE game turn into baseball or American football.
- FIFA’s Sepp Blatter: I cannot go to 2014 World Cup without goal line technology (aol.sportingnews.com)
- World: FIFA president Sepp Blatter determined to find an alternative to penalty shoot-out deciders (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Soccer Goal-Line technology test (florence20.typepad.com)
- Ukraine’s Shot Against England That Crossed The Line But Didn’t Count [VIDEO] (epltalk.com)
- Reed: Ghost goals have got to go (cbc.ca)
- Goal-line technology first in UK (bbc.co.uk)