One of the biggest debuts in the science world could happen in a matter of weeks: The Higgs boson may finally, really have been discovered.
I hope it does not turn out like the time when some scientists claimed they have discovered that neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light. Not that it is impossible. There is nothing impossible in science.
- Everything You Need to Know About the Higgs Boson in Under Eight Minutes [Video] (gizmodo.com)
- Higgs News ?! (physicsforme.wordpress.com)
- Higgsteria rising as trouble brews for standard model (newscientist.com)
- Higgs boson-hunting CERN scientists closing in on Big Bang particle (news.nationalpost.com)
- CERN scientists excruciatingly close to discovering Higgs boson (csmonitor.com)
- The end of the Tevatron (economist.com)