The 73-year-old engineered Conco’s spinoff from DuPont in 1998, the largest such move ever.
Four years later, he helped orchestrate Conoco’s $15 billion all-stock merger with Phillips Petroleum.
Adding former ConocoPhillips boss Archie Dunham as chairman adds another M&A master to the company’s lineup.
- Chesapeake Chooses M&A Master to Head Board (blogs.wsj.com)
- Chesapeake Gets More ‘Independent’, Chooses Chairman (blogs.barrons.com)
- Chesapeake names former Conoco CEO as chairman (koco.com)
- New Chairman, Directors at Chesapeake (247wallst.com)
- New Chesapeake chairman expected this week (fuelfix.com)