This is a great gesture. It’s good to be aware of your surrounding and doing some good.
Ebben shaved her head in March to raise more than $4,000 for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, which donates money for childhood cancer research. She said she did it to let children who lost their hair because of cancer treatments know that it was OK to be bald.
- Beauty Queen Who Shaved Head Wins Miss Alaska (abcnews.go.com)
- Miss Virginia Wants You to Help Shave Her Head (bellasugar.com)
- Debbe Ebben crowned Miss Alaska 2012 (examiner.com)
- NetApp to sponsor head-shaving fundraiser (kansas.com)
- St. Baldrick’s head-shaving event raises money for pediatric cancer research (columbiamissourian.com)