A great man indeed. May his soul rest in peace.
Alan Turing would have celebrated his 100th birthday on 23 June were he still alive. But the codebreaking genius died in 1954 after consuming cyanide – an act many have linked to his treatment for being a homosexual.
- VIDEO: What do we owe Alan Turing? (bbc.co.uk)
- Alan Turing: why the tech world’s hero should be a household name (adafruit.com)
- Turing was defiant until death (bbc.co.uk)
- Letter: Alan Turing revisited (guardian.co.uk)
- In Honor of Alan Turing: a LEGO Turing Machine (adafruit.com)