Talk about being lucky 😉
A massive asteroid that zipped by Earth last week is actually twice as large as scientists originally thought, new radar images of the behemoth space rock reveal.
- Surprise! Big Asteroid That Flew By Earth Larger Than Thought (space.com)
- Asteroid 2012 LZ1 Just Got Supersized (news.discovery.com)
- The end is nigh … for asteroid disaster movies anyway | Fox News (nadernazemi.com)
- Arecibo Observatory finds asteroid 2012 LZ1 to be twice as big as first believed (phys.org)
- City Block-Size Asteroid 2012 LZ1 Zips by Earth as Scientists Watch – Space.com (space.com)