It was a crappy movie in general.
Beset by production troubles and changing schedules, Brave enters theaters as a fable without an author.The best thing I can say about the film is that it doesn’t give two figs about the fact that it concerns Pixar’s first female lead (nor should it, as Mulan is a superior feminist fable anyway).
- The World of Pixar (media.gunaxin.com)
- Pixar by the Numbers – From TOY STORY to BRAVE (collider.com)
- Brave Beats Abe: Vampires Slaughtered by Pixar’s Girl Power (entertainment.time.com)
- Pixar’s Brave is the most pro-family Hollywood animated film since The Incredibles and the best fairy tale since Beauty and the Beast… (ncregister.com)
- Review: ‘Brave’ — a hybrid of Pixar and Disney styles, with a top-notch voice cast (mercurynews.com)