This is absolutely amazing. If such a thing becomes reality the possibilities are limitless for people suffering from spinal injuries which has rendered them completely immobile or people suffering from degenerative diseases.
The scientist, who has motor neurone disease and lost the power of speech nearly 30 years ago, currently uses a computer to communicate but is losing the ability as the condition worsens. Scientists hope that it may soon be able to “read a person’s mind,” playing a major role in a medical breakthrough. “This is very exciting for us because it allows us to have a window into the brain. We’re building technology that will allow humanity to have access to the human brainfor the first time,” said Prof Low.
- Scientists developing device to ‘hack’ into brain of Stephen Hawking (todayonline.com)
- Scientists Plan to Hack Stephen Hawking’s Brain [Science] (gizmodo.com)
- Hacking into Hawking’s brain (thehindu.com)
- Stephen Hawking’s brain to be ‘hacked’ by scientists (theweek.co.uk)
- iBrain to hack into Stephen Hawking’s brain (devicemag.com)