Is Hollywood desperate ?
Were it not for the presence of brainy director Steven Soderbergh, it might be easy to write off the male-stripper movie “Magic Mike” — which features Hollywood beefcakesChanning Tatum, Joe Manganiello and Matthew McConaughey in various stages of undress — as mere eye candy. But many reviewers are finding the film, which is informed by Tatum’s own experiences as an exotic dancer, to be a sly entertainment with some impressive performances, onstage and off.
- Steven Soderbergh & Channing Tatum Making ‘Magic Mike’ The Musical (deadline.com)
- Steven Soderbergh & Channing Tatum Making ‘Magic Mike’ The Musical (m.deadline.com)
- Joe Manganiello Hints at a ‘Magic Mike’ Prequel (hollywood.com)
- Review: ‘Magic Mike’ * * * (toledoblade.com)
- MAGIC MIKE: THE MUSICAL from Steven Soderbergh and Channing Tatum (collider.com)
- Steven Soderbergh and Channing Tatum Are Set to Produce That “Magic Mike” Musical (complex.com)
- Steven Soderbergh and Channing Tatum To Produce MAGIC MIKE: THE MUSICAL (adventureamigos.net)
- What Are The Critics Saying About ‘Magic Mike’? (huffingtonpost.com)
- REVIEW: Steven Soderbergh brings surprises, crotch shots in ‘Magic Mike’ (foxnews.com)
- ‘Magic Mike’ Stars Hated Seeing That Thong (mtv.com)