Can’t wait for another impact to wipe out all life so Mother Earth can start fresh and this time NOT allow humans to evolve. We are mere pests.
The world’s oldest—a more than 62 miles wide — has been found in , scientists say.
Scientists think it was formed 3 billion years ago by a meteorite 19 miles (30 kilometer) wide — which, if it hit Earth today, would wipe out all higher life. The crater is so wide that it would reach the edge of space 62 miles (100 km) above Earth if stood on end.
- Earth’s oldest known impact crater found in Greenland (eurekalert.org)
- Earth’s Oldest Impact Crater Found In Greenland (eurasiareview.com)
- Wales News: Scientists discover a three billion-year-old crater in Greenland (walesonline.co.uk)
- Earth’s oldest known impact crater found (upi.com)
- Earth’s oldest known impact crater found in Greenland (126.96.36.199)