This is an interesting case. With China getting its intellectual property laws in order and the increasing huge market it is providing for foreign companies. There are untold riches to made in China and Apple better play by the rules if it wants to make money off of China.
BEIJING — Apple has paid $60 million to settle a dispute in China over ownership of the iPad name, a court announced Monday, removing a potential obstacle to sales of the popular tablet computer in the key Chinese market.
- Apple ‘settles China iPad case’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Apple pays $60m to settle iPad dispute in China (guardian.co.uk)
- China court: Apple pays $60M to settle iPad case (kansascity.com)
- China court: Apple pays $60M to settle iPad case (sfgate.com)
- China court: Apple pays $60M to settle iPad case (seattlepi.com)