But what does it all mean in terms of scientific achievement and practical implementation in terms of the standards model in the physics and beyond world ?
Scientists ‘will say they are 99.99% certain’ the particle has been found
- Leading physicists have been invited to event – sparking speculation that Higgs Boson particle has been found
- ‘God Particle’ gives particles that make up atoms their mass
Scientists at Cern will announce that the elusive Higgs boson ‘God Particle’ has been found at a press conference next week, it is believed. Five leading theoretical physicists have been invited to the event on Wednesday – sparking speculation that the particle has been discovered. Scientists at the Large Hadron Collider are expected to say they are 99.99 per cent certain it has been found – which is known as ‘four sigma’ level.
Peter Higgs, the Edinburgh University emeritus professor of physics that the particle is named after, is among those who have been called to the press conference in Switzerland.
- “God Particle” Found, Scientists to Announce Findings on Higgs-Boson (theesposito.com)
- Did Scientists Finally Discover the Higgs Boson? (a.k.a. The God Particle) [Physics] (gizmodo.com)
- CLAIM: ‘God particle’ has been found – 99.99% certain… Waiting for CERN to confirm… (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Did Scientists Finally Discover The Higgs Boson? (gizmodo.com.au)
- God particle is ‘found’ (physicsforme.wordpress.com)