Whoa. Talk about being too careful. Maybe they should bring out the Nukes, just in case.
The British government confirmed Tuesday that it had placed missile batteries at six sites around London in advance of the upcoming Summer Olympics, including atop two apartment buildings where residents had previously expressed reservations about hosting the anti-aircraft weapons.
- UK Places Anti-Aircraft Missiles Atop Homes As Summer Olympics Near (abcnews.go.com)
- Anti-aircraft missiles to protect Olympics given go-ahead by ministers (standard.co.uk)
- “Turkish F-4 gunned down by anti-aircraft artillery inside the Syrian airspace” U.S. intelligence says (theaviationist.com)
- Missiles on my apartment? London resident balks at Olympics security measures (worldnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- Turkey sends anti-aircraft guns to Syria border (insomniacanonymous.wordpress.com)