A North Carolina lawmaker says she feels “rotten” after accidentally voting to override the veto of a bill to legalize fracking—the controversial technique of extracting natural gas—in the state.
- North Carolina Lawmaker Presses Wrong Button, Accidentally Legalizes Fracking (theatlanticwire.com)
- Fracking Legalized in North Carolina After Rep Who Was Against Bill Accidentally Voted For It [Oops] (gawker.com)
- Fracking bill becomes law amid errant vote (charlotteobserver.com)
- House Overrides Gov. Perdue’s Veto Making Fracking Legal in NC (ecowatch.org)
- N.C. Gov. Perdue vetoes fracking bill (kansascity.com)