Probably Aliens needing more resources in their quest building habitable planets like Earth.
Of all the things to lose track of, a stretch of space dust measuring hundreds of millions of miles across is surely one of the biggest.
Scientists are at a loss as to how an enormous ring of space dust – which could make up planets like ours – has disappeared from view around a star 450 light years (six trillion miles) away from Earth.
- Lost in space: Astronomers left baffled after cosmic dust orbiting star disappears – Daily Mail (dailymail.co.uk)
- Fetal Solar System Aborted (news.discovery.com)
- Scientists baffled by cosmic disappearance – Independent Online (iol.co.za)
- Poof! Planet-Forming Disk Vanishes Into Thin Air (news.sciencemag.org)
- Nasa offers detailed HD tour of the moon… including the dark side | Mail Online (nadernazemi.com)