I would have been surprised if they were not downgraded. Expected and deserved. Actually they should have been downgraded to junk and not just the outlook.
Treasury Select Committee chairman Andrew Tyrie says former boss’ evidence ‘looks implausible’
FSA raised concerns over appointment of ‘casino banker’ as boss in 2010
Moody’s downgraded the bank’s credit rating outlook from ‘stable’ to ‘negative’
Mr Diamond says Labour would have sought to nationalise bank unless rate was manipulated
George Osborne says Gordon Brown’s government was ‘clearly involved’
Mr Diamond is under pressure to surrender £18m bonus pot
MPs set to vote on whether a ‘banking Leveson’ is set up to address scandal
Barclays today saw its credit rating outlook downgraded to negative after Bob Diamond‘s shock resignation and the fallout from the rate-rigging scandal.
Ratings agency Moody’s said the sudden departure of Mr Diamond, as well as chairman Marcus Agius and chief operating officer Jerry del Missier, could lead to the break up of its powerhouse investment arm.
- Moody’s downgrades Barclays’ credit rating outlook from ‘stable’ to ‘negative’ over resignations concerns (dailymail.co.uk)
- Barclays credit rating downgraded (independent.co.uk)
- Barclays credit rating downgraded (standard.co.uk)
- Moody’s downgrade credit rating of Barclays after Libor scandal (independent.ie)
- Moody’s Cuts Barclays Outlook Negative On Resignations (forexlive.com)