Time to get a Furby ! Hasbro made the right choice in bringing those back. They can actually compete with the angry bird phenomena if the marketing is done right.
Furby is back.
After 14 years and a lengthy hibernation, Hasbro is reviving one of its most famous toys for this fall, with new technology, a hefty price tag ($60) and an app connection. This Furby is more huggable, with soft fur that hides touch sensors, and more expressive, with rubbery ears that twitch and a pair of backlit LCD eyes with mechanical eyelids that blink, look around or respond to the sounds picked up by Furby’s onboard microphone.
- Furby Is Back (businessinsider.com)
- After 14 Years, Furby Has Returned (gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Furby returns, iOS app and all: Hands on with the 2012 version (news.cnet.com)
- Furby gets a reboot for 2012, we go hands-on (video) (engadget.com)
- Furby returns in September with iPad compatibility and LCD eyes (theverge.com)