Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
Since its first appearance on the original “” series in 1966, the has become a symbol for space travel. Recently, an anonymous engineerclaimed that an approximation of this iconic ship could be built in the next two decades. But just how close is mankind to zipping through the stars at ?
- The Starship Enterprise Battles the Borg (betweenthepagesblog.typepad.com)
- Could We Build ‘Star Trek’s’ Starship Enterprise? (space.com)
- The Starship Enterprise Was Properly Huge (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Engineer Thinks We Could Build a Real Starship Enterprise in 20 Years (universetoday.com)
- Engineer Thinks We Could Build a Real Starship Enterprise in 20 Years (sott.net)