Looks like Yahoo and Facebook need to partner up to be able to hold their grounds in the coming onslaught they are going to face from Microsoft and Google, not preclude other competitors such as Samsung and Nexus.
Yahoo and Facebook agreed on Friday to settle a legal fight over their patent holdings, ending what was shaping up to be one of the nastier court battles in Silicon Valley in recent memory.
- Facebook, Yahoo! settled patent suits – UPI.com (upi.com)
- Facebook, Yahoo tie up, settle lawsuits (stuff.co.nz)
- Yahoo, Facebook settle patent dispute, ad alliance (metronews.ca)
- Facebook, Yahoo strike ad deal, settle lawsuit: report (business.financialpost.com)
- Facebook Yahoo Settle Lawsuits, Tie up in Licensing Partnership (jdjournal.com)