These wheeling and dealings, would have a positive effect in the current depressed market and Private Equity firms should also up their activities to take advantage of the depressed prices and consolidate their positions.
The deal, the biggest in Campbell’s history, will allow the food company to add to its beverage offerings. As soup sales have slowed, the company has focused on augmenting its healthy offerings, which are anchored by the V8 line of drinks.
- Campbell Agrees to Buy Bolthouse for $1.55 Billion to Add Juices – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Campbell Soup to buy Bolthouse Farms for $1.55B (newsok.com)
- Campbell Soup to buy Bolthouse Farms for $1.55B (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Campbell Soup to buy Bolthouse Farms for $1.55B (mysanantonio.com)
- Campbell Soup seeks to freshen up with Bolthouse (miamiherald.com)