Seems like a good idea to avoid taxes. Obviously the benefits outweighs the cons.
(Reuters) – Denise Rich, the wealthy socialite and former wife of pardoned billionaire trader Marc Rich, has given up her U.S. citizenship – and, with it, much of her U.S. tax bill.
Rich, 68, a Grammy-nominated songwriter and glossy figure in Democratic and European royalty circles, renounced her American passport in November, according to her lawyer.
Her maiden name, Denise Eisenberg, appeared in the Federal Register on April 30 in a quarterly list of Americanswho renounced their U.S. citizenship and permanent residents who handed in their green cards.
Her Husband which was on the run for defrauding billions and was hunted by the FBI was pardoned by Clinton thanks to all the money donations he made to Clinton’s wife. Very interesting. Once again proving how corrupt the system is.
- Socialite Denise Rich dumps U.S passport – most taxes (wnd.com)
- Socialite dumps US passport and most taxes (msnbc.msn.com)
- Socialite-Songwriter Renounces Citizenship (abcnews.go.com)
- How This Socialite Plans To Get Much Richer (huffingtonpost.com)
- Don’t Let The Door Hit You (viewsfromthebigsky.typepad.com)