The company said the transaction, which is expected to close early next year, is valued at about $4.9 billion. Under the deal, WellPoint will pay $92 a share in cash for all outstanding shares of Amerigroup, roughly a 43 percent premium over the company’s previous closing price of $64.34.
- WellPoint buying Amerigroup for $4.46-billion (theglobeandmail.com)
- WellPoint to Acquire Amerigroup for $4.9 Billion (dealbook.nytimes.com)
- WellPoint to Buy Amerigroup for $4.9 Billion in Cash – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- WellPoint buying Amerigroup for about $4.46B (seattlepi.com)
- WellPoint to buy Amerigroup for $4.5B (cbsnews.com)