This is very interesting. I hope they don’t change their minds again. I mean, entire text books have to be re-written.
Asteroids from the inner solar system are the most likely source of the majority of Earth‘s water, a new study suggests.
The results contradict prevailing theories, which hold that most of our planet’s water originated in the outer solar system and wasdelivered by comets or asteroids that coalesced beyond Jupiter’s orbit, then migrated inward.
- Asteroid Crashes Likely Gave Earth Its Water (space.com)
- Asteroid Crashes Likely Gave Earth Its Water (livescience.com)
- Earth’s water formed close to home (abc.net.au)
- A ‘super Earth’ near a ‘hot Neptune’ in space – Yahoo! News (nadernazemi.com)
- Study says asteroids delivered water to Earth (blogs.nature.com)