Seems like a good move by the PE Firm. There is a never ending demand on packaging products.
U.S. private-equity firm TPG Capital has bought Taiwanese packaging company HCP Holdings Inc. for $600 million, a person familiar with the matter said.
HCP produces packaging for global cosmetics firms including L’Oreal SA, Shiseido Co. and Procter & Gamble Co., and was previously in talks to sell part of the company to Morgan Stanley’s private-equity arm, said the person Friday.
- TPG Buys Taiwanese Packaging Firm HCP for $600 Million (blogs.wsj.com)
- REFILE-TPG buys China packaging firm for $600 mln-Basis Point (uk.reuters.com)
- TPG Exits Taiwanese Bank Taishin (blogs.wsj.com)
- Asia Private Equity Weekly News, July 16 (uk.reuters.com)
- TPG Fined $2 Million For ‘Misleading’ Ads (lifehacker.com.au)