In a project fifteen years in the making, scientists have created a record-breaking laser that could solve the energy crisis for good. The US National Ignition Facility is now one step closer to generating a controllable nuclear fusion reaction.
- Death Star-esque laser to solve power crisis (PHOTOS) (rt.com)
- Scientists Fire World’s Most Powerful Laser and Move Closer to Developing Fusion Energy (inhabitat.com)
- NIF sets record with 500 TW laser shot, lab-based nuclear fusion not far behind (engadget.com)
- National Ignition Facility’s fusion laser exceeds a record-breaking 500 terawatts (theverge.com)
- Record-setting 500 trillion-watt laser shot achieved (gizmag.com)