Sounds hilarious. Fragrance based on video game characters like Mega Man.
Forget Coco de Chanel. The heck with Calvin Klein’s Obsession.
The next big thing in cologne? Eau de Mario.
Epic-Scents, a Connecticut-based fragrance company, is attempting to create the signature smells of the video game industry. We’re going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they’re not going for that “Day Four of QuakeCon” odor.
Up first? A classic: Mega Man. Debuting on the original NES back in 1987, the all-blue hero best known for a vast array of interchangeable arm weapons will be transformed into a ‘Cool Rush’ scent in the first part of a deal with game maker Capcom announced at last week’s Comic-Con.
- 10 insanely tough games | Games Blog – Yahoo! Games (nadernazemi.com)
- Massive old-school video game collection fetches $1.2 million on eBay | Games Blog – Yahoo! Games (nadernazemi.com)
- Fragrance Company Aims to Capture the Scent of Videogames (escapistmagazine.com)
- The science of smells translates video game characters into scents (theverge.com)
- If Mega Man Were A Smell, What Smell Would He Be? [Mega Man] (kotaku.com)