This is a very intersting study showing the dietary habits of people that have since significantly changed teh dietary habits. It gives us a look on how nutrition and diet effects our health and how the invading Europeans contributed to the introduction of new diseases to the natives specifically in the Americas case.
The ancient Southwest subsisted on a fiber-filled diet of , yucca and flour ground from plant seeds, finds a new analysis of fossilized feces that may explain why modern Native Americans are so susceptible to Type II diabetes.of the desert
Thousands of years of incredibly fibrous foods, 20 to 30 times more fibrous than today’s typical diet, with low impact on the blood sugar likely left this group vulnerable to the illness when richer Anglo foods made their way to North America, said study researcher , a professor of forensic sciences at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Ancient Poop Gives Clues to Modern Diabetes Epidemic (livescience.com)
- Ancient Poop Gives Clues to Diabetes Epidemic (news.discovery.com)
- Ancient Poop Gives Clues to Diabetes Epidemic (ancientfoods.wordpress.com)
- Higher Incidence Of Diabetes In Native-Americans Linked To Fat-Hoarding Genes Likely Developed Due To The Nature Of Ancient Feasts (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Ancient Life-Size Lion Statues Baffle Scientists – Yahoo! News (nadernazemi.com)