Only in America …
The bullied bus monitor made famous by a viral video is calling it quits after receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations.
Klein, 68, became a household name after a viral video showed four seventh-graders taunting and berating her with insults and profanity. The 10-minute video sparked worldwide outrage against the boys’ behavior. An online fundraising effort on Klein’s behalf raised more than $700,000 in donations.
- Bullied bus monitor Karen Klein plans to use $700,000 fund to retire, help others (news.nationalpost.com)
- Bullied bus monitor plans to retire after Toronto man raises more than $700,000 (theglobeandmail.com)
- Bullied Bus Monitor Now $700,000 Richer Thanks To Indiegogo Campaign (socialtimes.com)
- $700,000 in donations for bullied bus driver (wtvr.com)
- Bullied bus monitor donations surpass $600,000 (bazaardaily.com)