We now know him as Batman and also as the actor who went to Aurora, Colorado, to pay his respects to the victims of the deadly July 20 mass movie theater shooting. But when he was just around 13-years-old, Christian Bale was the star of the Steven Spielberg’s “Empire of the Sun.”
“Empire of the Sun” was nominated for six Oscars and also earned Bale a few young actor awards. He starred opposite John Malkovich, who played an American in the internment camp, and Miranda Richardson, who played Jim’s neighbor.
- You: Christian Bale Visits Shooting Victims (thedailybeast.com)
- Christian Bale – Christian Bale Pays Personal Visit To Aurora (contactmusic.com)
- Photos: Batman actor Christian Bale visits Aurora theater shooting victims (photos.denverpost.com)
- Photos: Batman actor Christian Bale visits Aurora theater shooting victims (photos.mercurynews.com)
- Christian Bale Visits Aurora Memorial (buzzfeed.com)