Talk about lax security. Imagine if terrorists were able to get in so close to the Olympic delegations, there would have been a true tragedy. This is a big blunder by the London Olympics officials and shows how security is not being taken seriously enough.
A girl wearing a bright-red blouse gate-crashed the march of the Indian Olympic team at the opening ceremony, infuriating the guests and embarrassing the host’s security staff.
The company came out of the blue for the Indian delegation comprising around 40 athletes and 11 officials, acting chef de mission Brig PKM Raja was quoted as saying by the Times of India newspaper.
- London Olympics Preview: Wrestling (thesportsmirror.com)
- London will be India’s landmark Olympics (ibnlive.in.com)
- Sushil to be India’s flag-bearer at Olympics (thehindu.com)
- Indian flag hoisted at Olympic Village (thehindu.com)
- Indian stars have the credentials to strike it rich (thehindu.com)