These are breathtaking images of inside a volcano. Pretty amazing !
They are ferocious when on the attack and unpredictable in nature – but absolutely stunning when viewed from the inside.
For these are the spectacular images taken by photographer Lurie Belegurschi, who descended into the heart of Thrihnukagigur volcano, near Reykjavik in Iceland, to show the extraordinary beauty of the magma chambers buried deep within the dormant volcano.
Perhaps the explorer felt secure as he descended to 120 metres – the equivalent of three Statues of Liberty piled one on top of the other – because it has been 4,000 years since the volcano last erupted.
- Photographer gets hot shots from edge of world’s most dangerous volcanoes (thesun.co.uk)
- Amazing photographs captures worlds largest lava lake and ‘firework eruptions’ on active volcanoes (dailymail.co.uk)
- What happened to Britain’s volcanoes? (bbc.co.uk)
- A Brave Man That Photographs Danger Volcano (oddstuffmagazine.com)
- Auckland’s Volcanic Peaks (gorentals.co.nz)