This is amazing. If I had the money I would buy it. Looks like Skynet will be coming to us sooner than expected. We should all prepare. Looks like the T1-7 from the Terminator 3 movie. Now the only person that can save us is John Connor and Arnold.
Sometimes it feels as though scientists and engineers have never watched the Terminator or Matrix movies at all. The Guardian reports that Japanese company Suidobashi Heavy Industry is showing off a new robot called “Kuratas” that weighs four tons, stands at 13 feet tall and comes armed with a gun capable of firing “6,000 ball-bearing pellets a minute.”
- Japanese engineers hasten humanity’s extinction, unveil fully-armed four-ton robot (bgr.com)
- Japanese engineers hasten humanity’s extinction, unveil fully-armed four-ton robot (engineeringevil.com)
- Kuratas – Your Very Own Million Dollar Mech (awesome-robo.com)
- Four-metre-tall Japanese robot shoots bottle rockets, costs £860k (wired.co.uk)
- Japanese Mecha-bot – Buy your own now! (news.3yen.com)