This is both hilarious and inappropriate. They need other mechanisms for this kind of protest. And why do they need to collect cash in such a public manner. I don’t know where do they hoard the cash, but it better be kept safe with the sorry state of security affairs in the London Olympics.
Operating within the rules and regulations of gymnastics, a Japanese coach handed over a wad of $100 bills to the governing body of the sport on Monday night in order to file an appeal on behalf of his athlete.
- Gymnastics Scoring Controversy (huffingtonpost.com)
- GB win stunning gymnastics bronze (bbc.co.uk)
- Why did Japan’s gymnastics coach have $100 bills in his hand to file appeal? (stltoday.com)
- You: Japan takes silver medal again as China wins men’s gymnastics team gold (japantimes.co.jp)
- Team gymnastics: Great Britain win dramatic bronze (thesun.co.uk)