I completely agree with this piece. There seems to be a persistent campaign to take money from individual investors and to put it into pipe dreams that never come true. Even to think that individual investors have a chance against the MEGA Investment Banks is a joke. The individual investor is outnumbered in wits, insider information and access to data not even the management of the companies have. Facebook was a garbage company with no real source of revenue, essentially myspace with more hype. And of course Zuckerberg it tasting the his comeuppance for stealing Facebook’s idea from others. Typical behavior from Zuckerberg. To steal something and claim it as yours.
Since the implosion of the dot-com bubble in 2000, retail investors have been rightfully wary of the stock market. Facebook was going to change it all, bringing the ordinary investor back.
- A Deeper Look at Facebook’s Earnings Report – NYTimes.com (nadernazemi.com)
- Amid Drumbeat of Bad News, Investors Bet Against Facebook – NYTimes.com (nadernazemi.com)
- UBS Profit Falls After Loss on Facebook IPO – NYTimes.com (nadernazemi.com)
- Facebook Shares at New Post-IPO Low (247wallst.com)
- Facebook shares spook investors now. But long term? (csmonitor.com)