Hilarious stuff. What would people do in an actual Zombie Apocalypse ? Well, although such a scenario would never happen but most people would fail miserably.
All you “Walking Dead” fans out there probably feel pretty confident you could handle a zombie apocalypse. But how would you really react if you witnessed actual in-the-rotting-flesh walkers hobbling through the streets of your town? You’d probably scream and run away, if this “Walking Dead” promo clip is any indication.
AMC teamed up with viral marketing agency Thinkmodo to unleash a horde of supremely gross zombies (expertly created by makeup artist Sue Lee) on the streets of Manhattan, dressing them up as paramedics and mailmen and filming bystanders’ reactions to the undead invasion. And the clip has been a huge success, racking up more than 2.5 million views in less than a week. Thinkmodo co-founder Michael Krivicka gives us the inside scoop on the shoot: “We shot this video over the course of eight days in various parts of Manhattan with 13 different zombie characters. The challenge was to keep the zombies hidden and have them pop up at the right moment to scare people and crowds.”
- See zombies invade Manhattan in Walking Dead viral video – Yahoo! TV (gnosticbent.wordpress.com)
- Dropped by Dish, AMC’s Zombies Invade NYC (adweek.com)
- Undead Television Pranks – The Thinkmodo Zombie Experiment NYC Video Scared Unsuspecting Residents (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Zombies Invade New York City to Protest the Removal of AMC and The Walking Dead from Dish Network (dreadcentral.com)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Network Sicks Zombies On New York (splashpage.mtv.com)