Pretty interesting news. Hopefully we will see full functional self-driving cars soon. Imagine all the accidents that will not happen and the cost saving in fuel consumption due to the calculating best routes to minimize gas consumption.
For those of us dreaming of self-driven smart cars, the wait is nearing an end. Google took to its company blog today to proclaim a major milestone in its quest to put autonomous cars on the road: Its smart cars have driven over 300,000 miles without a single accident under computer control.
- Google’s Self-Driving Cars Complete 300K Miles Without Accident, Deemed Ready For Commuting (techcrunch.com)
- Google’s Self-Driving car reaches 300,000 miles with no accidents (levelubiquity.com)
- Google Is Confident that Self Driving Cars can Now Go Commercial (thetechnologycafe.com)
- Google’s Self Driving Cars Have Driven Over 300,000 Miles (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Google’s self-driving cars have now logged over 300,000 test miles without a single accident (thenextweb.com)