That’s what happens when you play games for very very long hours.
A 15-year-old Ohio boy collapsed after a four-day Xbox marathon, his parents say.
The boy was holed up in his bedroom for the majority of the weekend playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, a “first-person shooter” game.
According to NBC’s Columbus affiliate, the boy collapsed several times on Tuesday, hours after emerging from his room. He was hospitalized and treated for severe dehydration.
Jessie Rawlins, the boy’s mother, told WCMH-TV that he turned very pale and his lips “became a disturbing blue color.”
- Teen collapses after 4-day Xbox marathon (kmov.com)
- Ohio teen collapses after 4-day Xbox marathon (news.yahoo.com)
- US teen collapses after 4-day Xbox marathon (todayonline.com)
- Ohio teen collapses after 4-day Xbox marathon (seattlepi.com)
- Ohio teen collapses after four-day Xbox marathon (kansas.com)