Of course Wall Street always finds a way to wiggle itself out of every mess it creates. They took the largest bailouts in human history to cover their behinds sponsored by the government. Looks like its capitalism for everyone else except for Wall Street where Socialism by the government and every government to bail them out is standard.
Goldman Sachs disclosed that it was cleared of wrongdoing after an investigation into a $1.3 billion subprime mortgage deal, a surprising victory for the bank.
- Goldman Cleared in Mortgage Investigation (dealbook.nytimes.com)
- Court Upholds Big Award Against Goldman – NYTimes.com (nadernazemi.com)
- Japan Widens Inquiry Into Insider Trading – NYTimes.com (nadernazemi.com)
- Goldman Stuck With a Defense Tab, and Awaiting a Payback – NYTimes.com (nadernazemi.com)
- GoldenTree Hires Goldman Sachs Trader Salem in Mortgage Push – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)