He did his best and was unlucky. Good luck next time.
LONDON — Stephan Feck finished dead last (No. 29 overall) in the preliminary round of men’s 3m springboard diving at the London Olympics and was eliminated from the competition on Monday.
But he did earn a consolation prize: Internet infamy.
Feck’s second attempt at the Aquatics Centre saw the German land flat on his back in the water, after losing his grip on his left leg during his rotation. It was, shall we say, not a textbook dive.
- Stephan Feck and the most embarrassing dive of the London Games (VIDEO) (sports.yahoo.com)
- What the Feck? (gnosticbent.wordpress.com)
- Stephan Feck and the most embarrassing dive of the London Games (VIDEO) (stltoday.com)
- Olympic Diver Stephan Feck In Pain After Diving “Feck Up” [VIDEO] (bustedcoverage.com)
- Stephan Feck Back Flops: Disastrous Dive Is Definition of Tragic (bleacherreport.com)