This is scary.
A woman who went to China’s Changsha Central Hospital complaining of itching in the left side of her head was told by doctors that the source of irritation was a spider that had been living inside her ear canal for five days.
Doctors reportedly used a saline solution to flush out the spider in order to avoid having the spider burrow deeper inside the canal or bite her.
- Spider living in ear canal of woman removed after five days (examiner.com)
- Spider Crawls in Woman’s Ear, Lives There for 5 Days (livescience.com)
- Woman’s Itchy Ear Canal Housed A Spider For Five Days (businessinsider.com)
- Spider lives in woman’s ear for five days, everyone on the planet winces in unison [Holy Crap Wtf] (io9.com)
- Terrifying Urban Legend Comes to Life as Spider Found Living Inside Woman’s Ear Canal [Worst Case Scenario] (gawker.com)