Pretty insane. But this would greatly help with a lot of issues and speeding up the transfer of data and communications while exerting very little energy.
Team send a single proton 97km in China, while a second team in the Canary Islands claims to have reached 143km
Breakthrough could lead to ultra fast communication systems
Two teams of researchers have extended the reach of quantum teleportation to unprecedented lengths.
The groundbreaking research could be a step towards creating quantum computers and other technology operating at speeds far in excess of current limits. And while teleporting humans may still be a long way off, researchers believe the latest work is a big step forward.
- Chinese Researchers Successfully Teleport a Single Photon 97km (techeblog.com)
- Open-air quantum teleportation performed across a 97km lake (refreshingnews99.blogspot.com)
- Open-air quantum teleportation performed across a 97km lake (arstechnica.com)
- Researchers use teleportation to beam a single photon 97km (dailymail.co.uk)
- Quantum Teleportation Achieved over Record Distances (blogs.scientificamerican.com)