Good job China. The Beijing Olympics were the best Olympics in ALL TIME. The Chinese are disciplined. They are Systematic and They are hard workers.
I, for one, welcome our Chinese overlords.
LONDON – By now everyone should understand that China‘s sports machine is not going to slow.China‘s goal was never to build big just for the Beijing Games in 2008. The goal was to build big for Beijing, then dominate the world.
“The intention of the Chinese is to win every medal, every single medal,” said Jeff Ruffolo, an American who has worked for the Chinese government to help plan several sports competitions including the 2008 Olympics.
“Watch what happens in Rio,” added Ruffolo, referring to the 2016 Games in Brazil. “Watch what happens in 2020. The Chinese want to prove to the world that their system is the best system.”
- Stephan Feck and the most embarrassing dive of the London Games | Fourth-Place Medal – Yahoo! Sports (nadernazemi.com)
- Ryan Lochte used the Olympic pool for purposes other than swimming | Fourth-Place Medal – Yahoo! Sports (nadernazemi.com)
- As Olympics close, US leads overall medals race (hosted.ap.org)
- Wambach notches eighth Olympic goal as U.S. shuts out New Zealand (cbssports.com)
- USOC savoring lead in Olympic medals race (nbcsports.msnbc.com)