This is an interesting development.
Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa took to Twitter to dispel rumors that his government had granted WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange political asylum. Correa added that no decision has been made either way.
- Assange: Rt: Ecuador to Decide on Political Asylum for Him Be End of Week (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Julian Assange asylum decision likely this week, Ecuador president says (guardian.co.uk)
- Julian Assange will be granted asylum, says official (guardian.co.uk)
- Ecuador Accepts Julian Assange’s Bid for Asylum: Report (commondreams.org)
- Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa Expects to Announce His Decision This Week on Julian Assange’s Asylum (libertycrier.com)