Interesting theory put forward. But then again these so called scientists are putting forth a theory.The city states of the ancient Mayan empire flourished in southern Mexico and northern Central America for about six centuries. Then, around A.D. 900 Mayan civilization disintegrated.
Two new studies examine the reasons for the collapse of the Mayan culture, finding the Mayans themselves contributed to the downfall of the empire.
Scientists have found that drought played a key role, but the Mayans appear to have exacerbated the problem by cutting down the jungle canopy to make way for cities and crops, according to researchers who used climate-model simulations to see how much deforestation aggravated the drought.
- What Was Behind Mysterious Collapse of the Mayan Empire? (livescience.com)
- Collapse Of The Mayan Empire : Scientists have found that drought played a key role, but the Mayans may have exacerbated the problem (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- What Was Behind Mysterious Collapse of the Mayan Empire? (toolwielder.wordpress.com)
- Mayans Made Drought Worse With Crops (personalliberty.com)
- Mayan Tree Chopping May Have Worsened Droughts, and Contributed to The Civilization’s Demise (emmageraln.com)