And the Media fueling controversy and milking this story keeps on going on. This is really retarded to obsess about these stuff.
Gabrielle Douglas, the Olympic gold-medal gymnast, says she was the target of racist bullying at the gym where she first trained. She revealed the claims to Oprah Winfrey on her OWN show, “Oprah’s Next Chapter.” The Virginia gym, Excalibur Gymnastics, has fired back, denying the allegations.
Gabrielle — who says she prefers to be called by her full name, even though her fans call her Gabby — eventually moved to Iowa to train with Shawn Johnson’s Olympic coach. The Olympian told Winfrey in the interview that the girls at the Virginia gym called her a “slave.”
Gabrielle recalled, “One of my teammates was like, ‘Can you scrape the bar?’ And they were like, ‘Why doesn’t Gabby do it, she’s our slave?'” She added, “I definitely felt isolated, I felt ‘Why am I deserving this? Is it because I’m black?'”
- Gym denies Gabrielle Douglas racism claims (bazaardaily.com)
- Gabby Douglas on Oprah’s Next Chapter August 26th (binsidetv.net)
- Watch Gabrielle “Gabby” Douglas Oprah’s Next Chapter Full Interview Video (binsidetv.net)
- Gabby Douglas’ former gym refutes racism charges in Oprah interview (thegrio.com)
- Owner of Gabby Douglas’ Gym in VA Calls Her Racism Accusations ‘Fake’ (atlantablackstar.com)