Looks like this is just he beginning of more unrest in Canada and Quebec in Particular. Canada needs to focus on its own internal issues instead of being so concerned about unrelated world matters. Quebec should secede from Canada. If they want independence, they should be given independence. I don’t see what the problem is. This is not the first time they have demanded independence from Canada.
MONTREAL (AP) — A masked gunman opened fire during a midnight victory rally for‘s new premier, killing one person and wounding another. The new premier, of the separatist , was whisked off the stage by guards while giving her speech and uninjured.
It was not clear if the gunman was trying to shoot Marois, whose party favors separation for the French-speaking province from .
Montreal police Cmdr. Ian Lafreniere identified said the gunman opened fire in the back of the hall while Marois was giving her victory speech to hundreds of supporters at the Metropolis auditorium. She had just declared her firm conviction that Quebec needs to be a sovereign country before she was pulled off the stage.
- Two people shot at victory rally for new Quebec premier – USA TODAY (usatoday.com)
- One killed in Quebec speech shooting (english.ruvr.ru)
- Gunman kills 1 at rally for new Quebec premier (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Gunman Kills 1 at Rally for New Quebec Premier (world.time.com)
- Gunman kills 1 at rally for new Quebec premier (wtvm.com)