Florida pizza shop owner Scott Van Duzer lifted President Barack Obama a solid foot off the ground in a bear hug during an unscripted stop at his Fort Pierce, Fla., store. Literally.
So what did the Secret Service think about Van Duzer — a registered Republican who says he’ll vote for Obama in November — hoisting the president? “He said I was all right as long as I didn’t take him away,” Van Duzer told reporters.
Obama, wrapping up a two-day bus tour through Florida, dropped by the Big Apple Pizza & Pasta Restaurant for the kind of unannounced visit that breathes life into sometimes dreary campaign travel.
“Scott, what’s going on, man,” the president called as he arrived. “Let me tell you, you are like the biggest pizza shop owner I’ve ever seen.”
- Pizza Shop Owner Powerlifts Obama (drudge.com)
- TRENDING: Barack gets a bear hug (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Pizza man powerlifts Obama (thehill.com)
- Obama gets lift in Florida (politico.com)
- The Caucus: Obama Gets a Lift on the Trail (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)